Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shootin'

Sunday was the only day Karl got off for the 4th of July so we decided to get out of town and go shooting out in the west desert. We bought 6 watermelons as targets and drove out to BFE. Karl's big gun, for shooting at 1000 yards, is still being tweaked and isn't quite ready yet for its debut so we were only shooting between 400-600 yards. We both shot up the watermelons until they were mush. It was pretty fun, we used all Karl's different guns like a 7mm, 223,...ummm a revolver, and a little pistol......and some other ones, I'm not really down with all the gun lingo yet. :)

This watermelon didn't make it. We shot it a couple more times to make sure it was dead.


Karl wouldn't pose for the picture. He got scoped on his first shot and I wanted to get a picture of the little cut between his eyes. It was small, but bled like crazy, you can see some blood on his shirt. He's probably mad I'm writing about it since he's usually mr. gun professional so shhh don't tell him! Oh, and I decided not to shoot that gun.

This is standing at the closest watermelon looking back at our little shooting tent. It's the black thing in the upper right hand corner.

3 comments:

Julie Y. said...

That looks like so much fun. I got a little chuckle over the scope cut :)

Wow! I'm impressed with the pie! Now reveal your secret to the non-soggy crust!

Breezy said...

The secret is to put a layer of plain bread crumbs in the bottom crust right before you dump the fruit in. I'm not sure if this works with other fruit pies or just blueberry though. You can't taste them at all, and I guess they just absorb a lot of the juices.

Lindsey Baxter said...

I thought this was for the shooting...but I'll leave it anyway...
Nice shooting! That is impressive and its good to see that you both enjoy it.