Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mmmmm Pie!


Not to brag or anything, BUT I made the most delicious pie on Saturday. I probably love pie like Karl loves cookies. Fruit pies are the best kind. None of those sissy cream pies, those aren't real pies. I bought a butt load of blueberries that were on sale last weekend and needed to use them up. I made some muffins, we put them in our cereal, and just munched on them all week, but by Saturday we hadn't even eaten half of them. I was feeling daring and decided to go for it and make a pie. I've only ever made like 3 pies in my entire life, pumpkin, lemon chess, and coconut cream. I've never really made a nice real fruit pie from scratch because I know it won't turn out as good as my mom's or Uncle Kent's, both of who(m?) make delicious pies. Anyway, it was AMAZING! I had to add a cup of frozen strawberries because I didn't quite have enough blueberries. It turned out fabulous though. The crust was perfect, and didn't ever get soggy on the bottom (I learned a trick for that) and the filling was superb. Karl and I totally scarfed it down and it was gone by Monday. I think Jenny did get one piece so we didn't eat the WHOLE thing by ourselves! I can't wait to make another one. Next up, strawberry rhubarb!

4 comments:

Katie said...

OH. MY. Gosh. You are a domestic queen! Let me tell you about when I was in high school foods class and our assignment was to make "No Fail Pie Crust"....well guess who failed?! Yep. Haven't tried again since!

Lindsey Baxter said...

You are little miss homemaker :) you sure know how to bake!

Denise said...

Nice work, Breezy!

Jess, Kelly and Gianna said...

You should ask Steph about the rhubarb pie we tried to make one weekend in Logan if you want a good laugh.