Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cake!

I've been wanting to make this cake for awhile so I decided to bake it for my birthday. It's a white cake with blackberries and buttercream frosting. It was so good. I took it to work and my piggy coworkers ate it up in like 15 minutes!


It was supposed to be a 3-layer cake...........

But then this happened:
I was so mad! Aren't these silicone pans supposed to be nonstick?! Ya, the bottom burned and the cake stuck to the pan so the finished product was only 2 layers. Don't worry, Karl still chowed down on the burned, mutilated layer.

I also want to tell you how much I love this attachment:
It's the paddle attachment for my kitchen aid mixer but it has rubbery sides on it kind of like windshield wipers. You never have to wipe down the sides of the bowl! Best idea ever!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm gonna have to get me one of those attachments :) So are always great for spatchula recomendations.

Stephanie, Licensed Real Estate Agent said...

Looks Yummy!!!