Thursday, June 26, 2008

10 Hour Work Days?!

Utah State agencies are going to start implementing a 4 day work week. Awesome right? Wrong! A 4 day work week means a 10 hour work day and I don't know if I can handle that. I can barely make it through 8 hours! I'm sure I'll get used to it and will eventually grow to love the 3 day weekends, but it might take awhile to get used to. Our new hours will be 7-6, I already come to work by 7:30 so getting here at 7 won't be too bad, but I usually leave at 4, so staying until 6 will be a stretch. Although, I think I can keep my 30 minute lunch break and be able to leave at 5:30 instead. Now that I think about it, it might not be so bad. Sometimes I work 13 hour days when I get sucked into working at the high school and I somehow manage to survive that.

0 comments: