Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Five Favorites

1. Hempz Pomegranate Lotion
Years ago, when I was a single gal who spent money a little more freely I used to buy the regular hempz lotion all the time. I even started buying it by the gallon because I used it so much. Then I got married and found it hard to justify spending $24 on a single bottle of lotion "but it smells soo good!" just doesn't cut it. It has been a few years since I have bought it, and I recently renewed my love for it with this new pomegranate version. I still couldn't bring myself to spend $24 on a single bottle of lotion (Karl's frugalness has definitely rubbed off on me). Lucky for me though, I found a bottle of this stuff on the shelf at TJ Maxx for only $13. Score!


2. Tzatziki
More specifically, Hannah Tzatziki from Costco. I love tzatziki sauce and when I saw this at Coscto I impulse bought it even though I didn't think I'd even come close to using all of it up before the expiration date. I was wrong! I use this stuff on everything! I use in place of mayo for things like tuna, sandwiches & wraps, on burgers, etc. Anything that needs a little something else, this is perfect for. And the best part is, it's a lot less fattening than mayo.

3. Harmon's in Farmington
I love Harmon's but there wasn't one in my immediate vicinity so I rarely shopped there. That has changed now that Harmon's has opened up a location in Farmington. It is right across I15 from Lagoon. Still not really close to my house but oh so worth it. I never thought I would LOVE a grocery store so much. I love the deli, bakery and just their overall selection of everything is amazing. It is a bit more expensive than other places though, so I just get the things that I know I can't get anywhere else.


4. Eyelash Extensions
This is definitely a splurge, but totally worth every penny for me. I don't like to wear make-up very often anyway, and usually don't wear it at all on the weekends. Having eyelash extensions makes me not feel like a complete scrounge whenever I skip the make-up. They are always perfect and ready to go! Not having to curl and put mascara on in the morning before work is a huge time saver, especially since chances are I'm probably running late anyway!


5. My Mom
My sisters, nieces, mom, and I just got back from a weekend trip to St. George. It was a blast hanging out with just all the girls. We went to Little Mermaid at Tuacahn and shopped our little hearts out. My mom is so funny. Whenever we get together I know at some point I'll be laughing so hard I'll cry. We just have a good time together. Here's a funny story (maybe not as funny to others as it was to us) from the trip:
My mom is driving and we pass an exit that is closed,
Mom: " That exit is closed! Now where do I go?!"
Me: "Was that our exit?"
Mom: "No, it's the next one"
Me: "Umm....keep going and take the next one"

Love ya mom!

1 comments:

Beaner said...

I love your mom! I remember the volkswagon bug story when we were coming to provo and you got really excited over it. You mom didn't know what was going on an said " what where I was scanning the horizon for danger." Haha I love her!