Thursday, February 25, 2010

$8.90, that's it!?

Ok, something is seriously wrong with our healthcare system when Karl is double covered and for a $178.00 bill, after already billing both insurance companies, our total left to pay is 169.10?! WTF! Between 2 insurance companies they paid a total of $8.90! Since I've started the rant on insurance companies I'll mention my other issue with them, birth control. Seriously, the cost of my birth control goes up every single year. $5, then $10, now $25, (that is after I meet my $300 dollar prescription deductible (that's a whole other issue) but before I get to that it is $65!). If there is one thing that I think they should pay 100% of, this is it. So what if I stop taking it because it's so expensive, would they rather cover the cost of me being pregnant and having a baby?! This planet is overpopulated as it is and we certainly don't need any more people having babies simply because birth control is too expensive! Birth control should be more readily available and affordable.
Ok, now I have to say that I am grateful to have any insurance at all because Karl always gets mad at me for being upset, when compared to some my insurance isn't so bad. It's just lame that every year I pay more for it but I get way less in coverage than the previous year. Boo on insurance companies.

1 comments:

Jess, Kelly and Gianna said...

I totally agree! I just had to write a $150 check for a 5 min. annual exam. Plus another $108 just for the pap smear. That's a bunch of crap!