Monday, October 26, 2009

Vitamix baby!


I've been wanting a Vitamix for the past month or so. They're $450 though and there's no way Karl was letting me spend that on a blender (even though they are so much more than that and WAY better than any normal blender!) So I was going to secretly start hoarding some money so he couldn't say no if I had already saved up for it. Well, I went to Costco to go shopping for the hunting trip and guess what was on demo?? It was like a sign from God. I stood there and watched, listened, tasted, and then drooled over the Vitamix. I immediately texted Karl and sent him a picture of my green smoothie sample. He called me and after some negotiating I got the green light. I mean it was only $400 at Costco, how could you say no to that great deal?! The catch is he is making me find $400 worth of stuff in our house to sell. Ya, I'm still working on that, $85 down so far.
Anywhoo, Vitamix is the coolest thing ever. I've been drinking green smoothies for breakfast every morning and they are delicious! I have a bunch of recipes but they're mainly 2 cups of spinach mixed with some other fruit and veggies like grapes, pineapple, carrots, oranges, apples, bananas, etc. I also made us some awesome pina colada's. Seriously if you have a hard time getting your fruits and vegetables for the day, this is the way to go!

My first green smoothie
Smooth, creamy, green deliciousness!

2 comments:

Beaner said...

Sick!! That is worse than zuchinni, even though I know you say you like that stuff now. I've seen those blenders for a couple years at Sam's Club. A year ago some girl at my work told me about these green smoothies and I just couldn't believe her that they are good. I think I would be plugging my nose just to drink it.

Breezy said...

They're yummy trust me! I'll have to make you one!