Friday, October 24, 2008

Hunting......for fish?

Karl and I went hunting last weekend but actually ended up fishing more than hunting. We went up Thursday and got camp all set up with his friend Brad and his family and Brad's brother Dallas and his family. The hunt didn't actually open until Saturday so we had a couple days to just hang out. Since we were hunting and camping near Strawberry where his dad keeps his boat we decided to go fishing on Friday. The fishing wasn't too great but I ended up catching the most fish. :) Saturday morning I hung out at camp with the wives and kids while all the guys went hunting. They came back late in the afternoon with nothing. Karl and I went back out until it got dark but didn't even see anything. Well, we did see some elk and a really huge beaver but that's about it. The next day Karl's dad had to take his boat off the lake for winter so we did some more fishing before we took it off the water. Karl caught a pretty big fish, 21.5 inches but couldn't keep it because the slot limit is over 22 inches or under 15 inches. Of course I didn't get a picture of the big fish, but I got a picture of every single other fish that we caught. I was a total slacker on pictures this trip. Of the few pictures I did take none of them are really great.
Karl is pretty annoyed he didn't get a deer. He only had that one day to hunt since he had to come home and get ready to leave for work in Colorado. He really wanted to go on the muzzle loader hunt but he was working the entire time that hunt was open.

The disappointed hunter

One of my catches

The crappy picture of the huge beaver

0 comments: