Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Biggest Waste of Time Ever!


I went to North Salt Lake City Court today to contest my lame ticket. After waiting for an hour and a half I was called in front of the judge. "Are you Brianna Ariotti.........blah blah blah.....How do you plea?" "Not guilty" I answered. That's it, 30 seconds in front of the judge to make my plea of not guilty. Are you f*cking kidding me? When I got the ticket I called the city to ask what to do since I'm pleading not guilty. I was told to come to court on Tuesday between 1 & 5. I couldn't make it the 2 Tuesdays after my ticket so I called back to ask how much time I have to take care of it. A different person told me that I have 3 weeks from the date of the ticket, but that I didn't have to go to court, just come to the office anytime during business hours. I went down the next day to take care of it. Big suprise, you need to come back on Tuesday between 1 & 5. I suppose the purpose today was to officially submit my plea of not guilty, which was made perfectly clear by my last visit and by my last 2 phone calls to the city. Now I had to sign some stupid paper and and schedule a pre-trial?! I have a scheduled pre-trial set for October, mind you it's with a bunch of drug users and alcoholics that I saw get scheduled before me. Okay people, just so you have this straight: Failure to yield to a pedestrian is in the same category as drug users and alcoholics with multiple DUI's. Yep, you better stop hangin' around me since that's the group I get lumped into. I'm T RO U B L E, watch out pedestrians of the world (especially ones in wheelchairs)!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

These are the times we all have hateful feelings towards the government. So ridiculious!!! And yes I am now officially scared of you (j/k)